I really couldn’t believe it when I saw that two other bloggers have nominated me for the Liebster Award. It’s so humbling to be awarded by fellow bloggers and even more so by the fact that the two ladies that nominated me also share a common thread of illness with me. The Liebster (German for beloved) Award is a blogging award given to bloggers by bloggers. It is used as a way of helping smaller blogs (usually fewer than 200 followers although a couple have mine have just a few more) to become known a bit more and simply encourage them and let them know they are making a difference to their readers.
The following rules apply to Liebster Award winners…..
- Link back to the person who nominated you and thank them.
- Answer the 10 questions posed to you by the person who nominated you.
- Nominate 10 bloggers to receive this wonderful award.
- Create 10 new questions for your nominees to answer.
- Lastly, and really the most important part….. let your nominees know they’ve been nominated!
I’d like to thank the two ladies that nominated me for this award. Jenn at My Fibrotastic Life and Leslie at Just another F-Bomb (the f-bomb here being fibromyalgia). I recommend you take a stroll over to their blogs for a bit. They both write from their heart and are amazing examples of living a full, happy life despite chronic illness.
So on to the 10 questions each of them sent to me……
Questions from Jenn…….
- What inspired you to create your blog? Wanted to somehow be a help to others with chronic illness trying to live a full and happy life.
- What was your favorite Christmas present and why? A copper tea pot my husband bought me at a garage sale for $5 and wrote a poem he put in it. We were really struggling financially that year and made a $5 gift limit. His poem will always be my favorite gift ever!
- If you were stranded on an island, what three things could you not live without? A ponytail band for my hair, it’s naturally very curly and island humidity would make it hideous! Sunblock. Coca-Cola.
- What is your favorite book? My bible-with all the highlighting and notes
- If you could change your name, what would it be? It was changed last year to Grammy and I’m pretty happy with that!
- What color socks are you wearing? None, bare feet!
- What is your usual breakfast in the morning? Cream of Wheat lately.
- If you could have any talent (that you don’t have already), what would it be? Playing piano.
- What is your life motto (e.g. “Hakuna Matata!” )? Life isn’t about waiting for the storm to pass; it’s learning how to dance in the rain. – Fits life with chronic illness perfectly!
- What is a future goal which you would like to achieve? I would love to be a speaker on the topic of having a happy life, even with chronic pain.
Questions from Leslie…
- If you could live anywhere you wanted, where would it be? Montana, wide open spaces!
- What is your favorite vacation spot and why? Anywhere by water, I love to canoe or go tubing
- If you could do any job in the world, what would it be? Helping low income individuals with their finances, balance checkbook, manage debt, etc; and speaking to those with chronic illness about having a fulfilling life.
- Do you have a favorite teacher who inspired you? My accounting teacher my senior year in high school. His wife had committed suicide and he was at school each day and being a single dad to his two kids. Kept it all together through a very hard time in his life.
- Why do you blog? Hoping that I can help someone else by sharing my experiences
- If you had a magic wand, what would you use it to change? Broken family relationships
- Do you dress up for Halloween? Did last year, our family dressed up as scooby-doo and the gang (I was Velma!)
- What was your most memorable day and why? Watching my grandson being born. Just an amazing thing that such a little person can enter the world and within a moment be the light of your life.
- Kids or pets, which do you prefer? My kids!
- How long did it take you to complete the Liebster “task”? Broke it up over a couple days.
I am nominating the following ten bloggers for the Liebster Award. Each of them share their life through their writing and inspire joyful living through many different stages and circumstances of life. Some write often, some not so much but I wish they would! All of them are worth you taking a trip to their part of the blog world!
Now the ten questions I pose to each of you; the ten I chose to bestow with this award….
1. If you could paint a picture of any scenery you’ve seen before, what would you paint?
2. If you had to work on only one project for the next year, what would it be?
3. When you have 30 minutes of free-time, how do you pass the time?
4. What songs are included on the soundtrack to your life?
5. What was the last movie, TV show or book that made you cry or tear up?
6. What do you miss most about being a kid?
7. What does your perfect day look like?
8. What do you think is the one thing that should be taught in school that isn’t already?
9. What do you want to be when you grow up?
10. What is one of your favorite quotes?